Located on the seacoast of western India, commonly known as Konkan, an absolute paradise for the wanderlust tourist in India. Goas coastline festooned with illimitable golden sand beaches making a perfect palm fringes lines, a scenic splendor for the visitor. Spread over an area of 3,701sq.km with the population of more then 1.3 millions, Goa a land of tepid blazing days and cool nights set amidst the grandeur of the green paddy fields. Portugal rule gave Goa a integral blend of Indian and Western ether, that is easily visible in its buildings. Panaji, the capital of Goa is a excellent example of Goas art and architecture. So, enjoy in the Sun and stroll on the golden sands, as the beauty of Sand, the Sun and the Sea pervades the air of Goa.
Main Attractions of Goa
» Famous Church :
Goa, Jewel of India, is ornamented with the most extensive group of churches and cathedrals built during 16th to 17th century AD at Old Goa comprise of the following: Hence a pilgrimage to Goa is a unique experience. The most extensive group of churches and cathedrals constructed during 16th to 17th century AD at Old Goa comprise of the following :
· Se Cathedral : One of largest church, built during the 16th century. The minaret houses a celebrated bell called as the Golden Bell because of its sound.
· Convent & Church of St. Francis of Assisi : The tower have a carved woodwork. It treasures the portraits of the Portuguese viceroys and images from Hindu temple.
· Basilica of Bom Jesus : It contains the tomb and mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, is a famous structure in the Roman Catholic world.
» Beaches :
A paradise of a cool blue sea that stretch itself to join the widespread blue sky, as the golden sands on the beach lined with luxuriant green palm and coconut trees are spectator to this mystical merger. This is Goa, the Paradise of the East. Beaches in Goa are among the peerless beaches in the world and plays a major role in proclaiming tourism in Goa.
· Colva Beach : The beach is 6km. from Margao has exquisite sand, coconut trees and glistening blue waters. It's the longest beach, about 20km, in Goa.
· Miramar : Is the nearest beach to Panjim City, about 3kms.from the Panjim city. It is lovely golden beach marsh sand encompassed with palm trees. One can also enjoy the sight of Agauda Fort lying across the Mandovi river.
· Polema Beach : Attracts the tourist throughout the year by its tiny bay and serene beauty. Para-sailing, yachting, windsurfing, and deep sea diving are some of the more popular water sports, facilities which are available
· Candolim : At a distance of 13km the beach is fully equipped with all the international class facilities for para sailing, water-skiing, scuba diving, fishing, and windsurfing. A fort of 17th century is also major attraction of the beach.
Goa also has an enchanting nightlife in its various discotheques, eating joints, nightclubs and pub joints. Goa offers loftiest class casinos with popular games like baccarat, craps, blackjack and roulette. During New Year and Christmas times the most popular Rave Parties are held. The parties are organized every night and are full of dance, music and entertainment, cheering pass times for every tourist. Goa carnival is celebrated through out the year, a festival of fun, dance and music.
Goa is a shopper's Paradise
For travelers, to visit to Goa is not complete unless they take back a memento of their memorable vacation from this magnificent paradise. Baga beach market is famous for its antiqueness. It houses furniture, bronze, glassware and artifacts. Another shopping attraction is Mapusa, a Friday market that is full of wood furniture, wood carving and straw hats.
Mode of Transport
» Air :
Goa is well connected by airline services to most major cities in India. Dabolim Airport caters all national and international flights You can also fly to Goa from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Cochin.
» Rail :
Goa is also conveniently located on the Konkan railway.
» Road :
Goa lies on the main highway making a drive from Mumbai very smooth. There are also a bus, taxi services between Mumbai and Goa .
Hotels in Goa
For booking of heritage, luxury, deluxe & budget hotels in Goa click here